When you become a member of Sharons Credit Union, you’re more than a customer, you’re a member.
Every equally treated member has the entitlement to enjoy: a variety of financial member services, diverse institutional programs and finally, dividend returns representing our way of expressing our gratitude for your support.
Becoming a member is (convenient) and easy
You may visit any Sharons Credit Union branch to register as a member and open your account. To become a Sharons Credit Union member, you must:
- Be a resident of British Columbia
- Purchase $25 in Membership Equity Shares which can be refunded if you leave the credit union.
- Provide your occupation details
- Provide 3 pieces of valid identification
- Complete our straight-forward registration application form
- Power of Attorney – The donor and/or the authorized attorney must be present at registration
- One must bring the Canadian Notarized Power of Attorney Document
- Inquiry on further information is recommended as different cases may influence the necessary documents required.
- Under the age of 12 – Children can have their own membership but are required to open and use a “Joint Account” with a parent or legal guardian.
- Junior Members* – Under the age of 18
- Regular Members – 18 years of age and over
- Silver Members* – 60 years of age and over
- Business Members – Individual ownership and/or Partnership of legal registered business
- Organization Members – Non-profit organization, Groups, Religious groups
*Our Junior and Silver Members reap the benefits of banking service fees being waived in full. Benefit details can be discussed with any of our member service representatives.
Simple 5 Steps to become a SCU member
Prepare all necessary registration documents
Visit one of our branches
Fill out a membership application form
Deposit your membership share
Complete the Registration Process and enjoy our services!